The College always seeks opportunities to offer accelerated classes in specific subjects based on student academic need. The Accelerated programs are tailored to accommodate students learning at a higher level while all their other subjects are studied at their age level. Accelerated learning students complete a HSC course earlier. Students also have the opportunity to enroll in the University Pathway Program during their final year of the HSC.
Students who have demonstrated advanced competence in the Italian language may complete this program. Benefits of the program include:
- Accelerated completion of the School Certificate and HSC language course
- Early access to tertiary study
- International cultural exchange opportunities
- Senior student mentors
Accelerated Hospitality and School-Based Apprenticeships allow Year 10, 11 and 12 students to undertake vocational training to kick-start their career while remaining in a comprehensive and caring school environment. Students have the opportunity to:
- Complete a School-Based Apprenticeship, gain an ATAR or do both
- Work part time and get paid
- Gain industry standard qualifications
- Do Certificate III trade training
- Obtain financial aid for specialist clothing and tools under the federal government’s Tools for Your Trade Payment Initiative
The College has partnered with industry renowned Hospitality Training Network to provide employment pathways for Hospitality students enrolled School-Based Apprenticeships. Through this, students have the opportunity to become fully qualified chefs two years after completing the HSC.